Use Eight House
Topic: I want to find our more on how to use the Eight House Theory
Brief introduction: I am born 1966, dec 6, (Fire-horse, month of the rat, hour of the snake). According to 8-house, I am a west-house person, but we have a south-apartment. I sit and work in the SW-sector, which is health-sector for a west-house.
Yes, since you are a WEST House person, South West sector is indeed your Health sector.
Question: Is it still health-section in a south-apartment? According to the Ba-gua sections, it is knowledge, and I sit in the marriage section of that room (SW corner), however I am facing north which is disaster in west-house.
When you use the 8house theory you should follow these steps:-
1. Determine your " 8house ". In your case, you had found out that it is the WEST house.
2. Prepare a template of it. For example, if you have tracing paper or better still, a transparency, mark out all the 8 sectors pertaining to the WEST house.
3. Next, obtain a copy of the layout plan (preferably on an A4 sized paper), find out the North to south direction of your house and mark it on the layout plan.
5. Determine the centre of the house.
4. Lastly super-impose your WEST house template onto the layout plan by placing the intersection (mid-point) and aligning it to the North to South direction of the layout plan.
For you, as a West house person under the 8house theory, all the 8 intangible forces will not change: e.g. North is Disaster; North East is longevity; East is Death; South East is irritation and so on.
You can continue to use the 8house layout plan to any house.
Questin: Is it a bad idea facing north (abit hard to change direction and still follow form-school in placing furniture) ?
You may have to ask yourself two questions first:-
1. What is the frequency of you sitting facing North in that location? Is it a long time or short period. E.g. if you do sit there for 7 or more hours, it is considered a long period.
2. If you do not sit there for more than 7 hours, then you can safely follow the shapes and form school of feng shui. But if you spent more than 7 hours, are there any other locations you can sit or try to relook (where possible) another angle to face. For example, turning your furniture 45 degrees instead?
In the last resort, if the above is really not possible, then; there are two possibilities:-
1. Use the Flying Star theory to find out the what location the North is. For example if the house chart shows that North is a very auspicous location or has a " mountain star " or both, you can activate this sector by placing objects like a solid piece of paper weigh.
2. Alternatively, if you know your `true element' e.g. strong metal, under the Pillars of Destiny, you could apply some enhancements there.
Center for Feng Shui Research
- Hits: 21893